This MWO procedure eliminates the need for a design by a licensed engineer, the processing of a subdivision improvements agreement (SIA), and the need for a formal design review construction (DRC) and work order process. Its applicability will be at the discretion of the Utility Development Section when the normal design, review, and work order process is not required. Please confirm with the City of Albuquerque that work can take place in the street prior to submittal. This process can be utilized to construct the following:
- Public/Private fire hydrants
- Private fire lines
- Meter vaults (encasement for meters larger than two inches)
- Manholes (on a case by case basis)
- Vacuum sewer valve pits
- General purpose water valves
- Also any connections that would normally require a tapping permit can be included in this process.
- This process can also be utilized for abandonment of multiple services.
For new development, new services, or a remodel of a building that results in an increase of required fire flow, an availability statement will be required prior to the issuance of a mini work order. If the development is located outside of the Adopted Service Area, Board approval will also be required prior to the issuance of the mini work order. To begin the process, please fill out and submit the MWO request form below.
All requests to be verified with the City of Albuquerque Design Review and Construction Section prior to any reviews.
If you have any questions contact:
Mini Work Order Request Form
Please Note: *Denotes Required Field