ACH (automated clearinghouse) refers to direct deposit payments made by the Water Authority electronically to the vendor’s bank account.
Advantages of this? The vendor receives immediate payment, no waiting for the check to arrive in the mail.
Enroll in ACH (Direct Deposit)
Complete the Vendor ACH Payment Form and mail it in along with a voided check to the Water Authority’s Finance Office (address is on the form).
Electronic Notification of Payments
Whenever you enroll in ACH, the email address you provide is automatically setup to receive electronic notifications when the Water Authority processes an ACH payment for you.
The Water Authority has implemented the processing of payments to vendors by transferring the payment directly to the vendors bank account instead of producing a check and sending through the US Mail. In order to effectively administer this program, the program stipulations listed below must be agreed to by the vendor.
- All vendors must agree to complete the Vendor ACH Payment Form and send it directly to the The Water Authority’s Finance Office, PO Box 568, Albuquerque, NM 87103-0568
- The ACH payment will be processed to only one (1) account as identified on the ACH Enrollment form/voided check.
- Once established as an ACH payment type, all future payments to the vendor will be through ACH payment transfer.
- All steps involved in the receipt, review and approval of invoices will remain “exactly” as is in place currently. The ordering of goods/services, acknowledgment of receipt and approval to release payment will continue to be performed by the operating divisions that initially placed the order.
- All questions regarding the contract/purchase order should be directed to the Water Authority Purchasing Office as the phone number on the contract/purchase order. All questions regarding the receipt or approval of invoices should continue to be directed to the Finance Division of the Water Authority.
- Vendors/businesses must contact their bank to confirm receipt of the ACH transfer.
- Vendors/businesses will utilize the remittance notification to identify the exact invoice numbers and amounts that were paid via ACH.
- If a vendor/business closes their checking account with one financial in institution and opens an account with another financial institution they must notify the Water Authority’s Finance Office immediately by submitting a new Vendor ACH Payment Form and brief transmittal letter requesting the change in account information for payment purposes.