Rebates - Outdoor
In order to encourage outdoor water savings, the Water Authority offers the following rebates to help make your landscape more water-efficient.
- 25% off the cost of multi-setting sprinkler controller.
- 25% off the cost of renting equipment for removal of grass (e.g. sodcutter, backhoe or Bobcat) when participating in the xeriscape rebate program. Maximum rebate credit - $50.
- Compost: 25% of the cost when participating in the xeriscape rebate program. Maximum rebate: $100 per account.
- $25 each for purchase of rain sensors, pressure regulation valves and pressure vacuum break (PVB) backflow prevention valves, atmospheric vacuum breaks (AVB) do not qualify. One rebate for each item will be granted per account, unless there is more than one irrigation system for the account.
- Rainwater Harvesting rebates for rain barrels and cictens. These are based upon the amount of rain that can be stored:
- $25 for 50 - 149 gallons
- $50 for 150 – 299 gallons
- $75 for 300 – 499 gallons
- $100 for 500 – 999 gallons
- $125 for 1000 – 1499 gallons
- $150 for 1500 gallons and over
- Multi-stream rotor heads for sprinklers: $2 per head.
- A $20 credit for attending the Water Authority’s classes on irrigation efficiency. Schedules published each spring.
- Up to $100 (residential) and $500 (commercial) for tree care and maintenance.
- Xeriscape rebates for turf removal. Click here for more information.
New for 2012: Water Authority "Tree-Bates!"
Trees help conservation by providing shade and other environmental benefits, so to encourage their proper care in our dry climate the Water Authority is now offering “Tree-Bates” to help cover the costs of tree maintenance.
The “Tree-Bate” is 25 percent of the cost of tree irrigation equipment, fertilization or professional tree care. The maximum rebate for residential customers is $100. The maximum rebate for all other customers is $500. Please Note: "Tree-Bates" are not available for the removal of trees. A copy of your receipt must accompany the rebate form.
How to Apply
Print and submit the Outdoor Rebate Form with all required fields
Please Note: Downloadable Rebate Forms are in pdf format. PDF files can only be read using Adobe Acrobat Reader Software.
In order to obtain a free download of Adobe Acrobat reader software, click on the Acrobat Reader icon below.