Applying for a Watering Restriction Exemption or Variance
The application form below is for an exemption from Section 4-1-4, WATERING RESTRICTIONS, of the Water Waste Ordinance.
(A) All spray irrigation during the period beginning on April 1 and ending on October 31 of each year must occur between 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 a.m. This restriction shall not apply to drip irrigation and low precipitation bubblers, hand watering, or watering of containerized plants and plant stock.
- One day only exemption where treatment with an application of chemical requires immediate watering to preserve the existing landscape or to establish a new landscape.
- One day only exemption to allow for spray irrigation necessary where the irrigation system has been disabled for longer than forty-eight hours and immediate watering is required to preserve the existing landscape.
- 30 day exemption allowing for spray irrigation necessary to establish new sod.
- 45 day exemption to allow for spray irrigation necessary to establish inter-seeded (also known as reseeded) within an existing turf area.
- 120 day variance allowing for spray irrigation to establish newly seeded areas with the intent of establishing a turf area.
You will be notified whether your exemption or varience application has been approved or denied.
If you require assistance to complete your application, please contact Carol Edwards 768-3604 or the Water Waste Hotline at 768-3640.